"Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love"

Monday, August 7, 2017

ABC's for Boys!

We are proud to announce that the newest addition to our family will be a BOY!


Yes! our family ratio is balancing out pretty even with this little one's arrival 😏. We are trilled for my son, he has prayed so hard to have a brother! he certainly was getting outnumbered, poor thing! but now there will be a little partner to share all those cars,  trucks and trains.



Recently I received from a catholic mom -from one of the groups I follow in Facebook- a copy of her lovely picture book titled ABC's for boys and I cannot be happier! so I would love to share it with you! As a matter of fact, I think this is the perfect opportunity to make my first entry in my book review page to celebrate the news of our little one and to thank this thoughtful mom the gesture of sharing their family project with us!

Reading, is probably the best way I have found to bond with my kids in the early stages, it is fascinating to me how they engage with the pictures and with your voice as you read along. Even thought this is a humble beginning, picture books expose your kids to vocabulary and recognition of images to words.

I found ABC's for boys to be a thoughtful and careful crafted picture book. My first impression of it, pointed to its simplicity and as a visual person that I am ... well... yes! the drawings captivated me! they are darling ❤! The author is certainly a great artist, -every picture was hand drawn in color pencil- from the details, to the colors, every image is so well elaborated.







Another great thing I found important to highlight was the choice of words, they found, a good selection of objects and interests every boy likes: like vehicles, animals, and fun toys. Boys can connect easily the words to the beginning  sounds of the alphabet.

Here Agent 007 found his personal favorite ones!

Even lollipop, found her favorite one!

Lastly, I couldn't help but to read the dedication note at the beginning of the book: "Hand drawn for my kids in heaven". Truly touching, especially if you have been through miscarriage... we have and we can sense the loads of love poured in every page!

Again to this beautiful family thanks for sharing your talent with us, I really hope your project is widely appreciate it as it should.

I will leave you with pictures of my kids enjoying the book. Just remember to keep it in mind for the little boys of your life! is a darling addition for your baby library.





You can find it ready to order in Amazon: visit HERE


















































No comments:

Post a Comment

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines at the top of the menu bar. I appreciate your visit and feedback.

Note: All comments are moderated.