"Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love"

Saturday, July 29, 2017

The season of waiting...




Half way there! boy! it feels forever, but at the same time its going by so swiftly ...

Pregnancy is what we know as the season of waiting! is the season of preparation, to make room for your little gift that soon will fill your world with the most wonderful memories, but also for me is that season where everything seems upside down. For example, my first trimester is brutal! the morning sickness lasts about...well... lets see... the whole 9 months, and the anemia drops me so low,  that I feel I have no energy to do anything! and not to mention  my smell powers, that isolate me from the world! yes, this scenario my friends, seem to be the constant in every single of my pregnancies. Did I mentioned it before? this, will be my fifth? well now, I have so much to do and all those body changes and adjustments sort of slow me down and here is where my season of waiting starts to appear so long and tedious.

I know of many moms having a great time during their pregnancy, and they have what we call: the glow! you know? the glow? ahhh I wish I had that glow...  It takes me almost until the sixth month to be back in society hahaha, and that's where I am right now, so I am finally starting to see the light.  It isn't easy for me to slow down, I am very active and love to be outside doing fun things with the kids, plus the homeschool comes into play, so when pregnancy issues show up, I feel pulled back.

Recently I have been meditating on being busy in my last post here and also in dealing with discouragement here, but I found a beautiful truth in this season of waiting. Let me show you. As I feel overwhelmed by all those symptoms, I forget at times the marvelous miracle that is taking place in my body, the wonders of life have been granted generously by God to me and here I am deliberately getting lost only in the physical experience.

When I have to do "sofa rest" by doctor orders, I have the time to think and take care of me, and also the time to experience my baby. I can look closely to what is happening around with my older kids. I look at them in detail their faces, I  study their voices and hear in the background their interesting conversations developing. You see? I have been granted a season to freeze time and really enjoy the life around me and inside me.

Pregnancy brings so much that I seem to miss it, it brings me tenderness so I can  stop being strong for a while, It allows others to take over and practice charity by helping me and comforting me while simultaneously brings me humility to accept the help and surrender to my fragile state. It grants me from time to time vulnerability so I can accept me in the good and in the bad, when I am productive and when I am not. It offers me consciousness of healthy choices for me and the baby, such as diet, sleep and rest. Caring of me is a struggle to maintain, so this season slows the pace allowing me to see these things. At last it brings patience, to my anxious and rushed planning making lifestyle, pregnancy is unpredictable and that teaches you patience with yourself and time.

This time is a flashback, I now see how quickly time goes by when I realize how much my other kids have grown, and see it all in a wide view, I see how my season of waiting invites me to appreciate, life, health, love, moments, to enjoy every instant and this baby on the making as the greatest miracle! I am ready to welcome my baby, I am ready to take life as it comes, I keep waiting for more blessings, and as a picture shots "I am keeping all these things in my heart" like our Heavenly mother did, I will learn to say: Fiat "let it be done according to Your will"

One day at the time is how this season of waiting unfolds the most beautiful truths; pregnancy can be overwhelming, but above it all, is a call to witness life, love and sacrifice in its maximum expression. Don't feel afraid to discover your fears during pregnancy and your vulnerabilities, open to receive and to learn, all of this is a journey, meant to be lived, worth to be experienced!


To my kids:
Please just...
Never grow up!








































No comments:

Post a Comment

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines at the top of the menu bar. I appreciate your visit and feedback.

Note: All comments are moderated.