"Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love"

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

He is finally here!


Our "little cub" finally arrived a couple of weeks ago! 

Many of you already following us on Facebook, have seen the updates of his arrival, but just until now, I get the chance to post it on the blog for everyone to see.  

 welcome to our family! "little cub

Remember how in my latest post we were just getting ready? yes! it happened so fast, he came little after 36 weeks and thanks to a great weight, vitals and to your prayers: "little cub" skipped the NICU! We are so grateful! This time around, we were able to enjoy our baby right after surgery and bring him home shortly afterwards, to his new family of 7!

He has been such a joy to our family, his sweet presence has brought so much love and hope to all of us. I am still recovering and feeling very blessed with the outpour of loving help from our family and friends. Once again we have been called to receive. We are living day by day as a gift and let it unfold with all the joys, sometimes pains or sometimes with just beautiful surprises. We are learning from those around us to serve other families and support each other. To all our friends: thanks for your beautiful hearts, thanks for helping us welcome our baby, for supporting our growing family without judgment and for going the extra mile to make it much more bearable. From meals to babysitting; every call, every text, prayer, and thought is deeply appreciated. One day will be our turn to give back a hundredfold all the generosity we have received.  We have been truly blessed to have you!

So how is everyone doing with the latest addition? you may wonder? as expected... great! the three oldest are all over the moon helping and having turns holding him to give me a "break" ๐Ÿ˜‰ while lollipop still tries to figure it all out. She loves him and is extremely curious about how little his hands and feet are. She gets very worried if he cries but she is still so little that sharing attention is a work in progress. Dad is proud as can be, he is enjoying the feeling of being home with all of his family. I have been witnessing and pondering every detail with my new baby and finding my way to tend everyone and enjoy this moment with each one of them. 
Agent 007 holds little cub

Popsicle's turn!

Miss Poppins holds him tight!

Lollipop gets to hold little cub!

But after the joy... comes postpartum and all the adjusting and the recovering; let's say it always hits me hard right after surgery and the first days at home. Friends, I want to be completely honest here; I have always been afraid of the postpartum hormonal crash because it normally spikes anxiety and my fears get raw. Nevertheless, I must say, it has been the first time I have ever experienced depression per say. Lots of crying, irrational fear, and high sensibility... ehhh the joys of motherhood!  
I am able to identify these symptoms now, and I am conscious that they are just feelings and that it will come to pass, also I am being very vocal about my needs as well as being open to receive help. It is not easy to be slowed down with all that goes on in our family, but I am letting go the urge of accomplishment and I am focusing on celebrating little victories and milestones. While I endure my downs either physical or emotional of postpartum I am learning to call God while in darkness, I am inviting Him to illuminate all those places that can very easily cloud the happiness of my newest gift. I feel confident that this vulnerability is transitory and it has a purpose,  so I am living it by focusing on the miracle of life and the gift of my motherhood.

As the days continue to go by fast, and holidays and school rushes through, I am ready to savor and be grateful for all; this is anyways the human experience we call "life" and cannot be complete without the pains and joys, the challenges and victories. A new chapter has begun for our family, I am unsure how is going to be, I am unsure if I will be able to do this, or if I have what it takes, all I know is that I have accepted this beautiful gift and that as always I hang tight in hope. We have been blessed for sure, he is tiny, helpless, sweet and so tender to even doubt! As my days unfold simply in this truth now, I want to leave you with the quote that has inspired me and that will be featured in the quote of the week. Take it to heart and with me rediscover each day as I do with my newborn baby. 

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.
 Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow"

Mary Jean Irion


Welcome to our lives little cub, we love you immensely ๐Ÿ’™






7 comments:

  1. This is Molly from Facebook �� thanks for inviting me to check out your blog!! Were all 5 of your children born via C-section? My daughter was born via c-section so I'm always inspired by moms of multiples born through C-section. I'm excited to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly! So happy you checked out our blog. Welcome aboard!we hope you stay and enjoy our posts.
      4 of my kids were C-sections. My first born was my only natural birth without any anesthesia ๐Ÿ˜ฎ.
      My second was planned to be natural but complications in the last trimester pushed for an emergency C-section, and from there once C-section always C-section. I must confess I am deathly afraid of surgeries, so it is not easy for me to go through them, but is what it is, and all my babies and I have been healthy afterwards.
      If you have time go to a post called "reaching new heights" where I go about each experience:

      loadsoflaundrypilesofbooks.blogspot.com/2017/07/reaching-new-heights.html?m=1

      Thanks again Molly for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi there! found you from facebook, what a beautiful post. Have you tried progesterone after the baby comes for a more gentle hormone decline? i use it and it makes it so much happier and easier a time. i am weeping so much after the birth but within five monutes of getting the injection of progesterone, i feel smiley and relaxed. My napro doctor says instead of the progesterone declining in our body like a cliff, injections make it more like a sloping hill and more gradual. just a though. you will be in my prayers for a wonderful time with the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! Welcome! And thanks for your thoughtful comment. I have never tried progesterone before and I have not found a napro doctor nearby ๐Ÿ˜ช. I will mention this to my physician. Makes a lot of sense! Sometimes diet alone does not take care of the hormonal crash. Wonder if you had any side effects?
      Thanks so much for your prayers ❤ and for visiting. Hope you stay and enjoy our posts.
      Blessings
      Liz

      Delete
    2. Progesterone can make you sleepy, but not much more when already up with the baby sort of sleep deprived. and I wouldn't take it long term nursing (possible to dry up milk). But short term it is wonderful. I usually have three injections total days apart (although some do a bit longer), which is plenty for me to get through the rough hormone changes. Many napro doctors will work with your doctor. (Many doctors don't use progesterone and say that anti-depressents are needed- I am so glad I gave it a chance though, I was highly skeptical that I would feel better in 5 minutes but so thankful after!) Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Congratulations! We are expecting our #5 in early June. This will be our 3rd C-section, keep me in your prayers! Facebook group member, Melissa. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa!Be sure of our prayers for a safe delivery and swift recovery! Will put you and your baby in our Rosary intentions. Congratulations on your baby!
      Thanks for stopping by and your comment!
      Many blessings
      Liz

      Delete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines at the top of the menu bar. I appreciate your visit and feedback.

Note: All comments are moderated.